We are looking forward to an excellent year in our Secondary school. Your child will receive optimal benefit from the year if you as a parent remain actively involved with his/her classes and school activities. How can you do this?
- Check your child’s grades on a regular basis by using our Power School system. All grades will be updated each Friday so that you should be able to see how well your child is doing.
- Get to know your child’s advisor. A link describing the advisor system is part of this website. Each student has a faculty advisor who will know your child and be familiar with his/her academic and social life at school. A list of advisors is part of the advisor link.
- Take the time to attend any event where your child is a participant.
- Take the time to attend any meetings about your child or his/her course of study.
School Calendar – Will be kept on our school’s website, and also, if you have a CIC email account, you can check our online calendar in Google CIC.
Uniforms – Our rules are simple, but please make sure that your child adheres to these rules. Any student who does not conform to these will not be allowed in class until the correct uniform is brought to him/her.
Activities – Our school has a wealth of after school activities. Educational research and our experience tell us that students benefit from becoming involved outside of the classroom. One’s skill or training in an activity is not a barrier. Just have the student give it a try.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I contact my child’s teacher? Leave a phone message with Liseth Patino at the school. You can also send an email to the teacher by either using the school’s website or use the teacher’s last name and first initial i.e.: email@example.com
- Who is my child’s advisor? Each advisor will be sending you an introductory letter within the first week of school. Call Judith (ext. 225) if you have forgotten the teacher’s name.
- Who should I speak with if I think that there is a problem in one of my children’s classes? First speak with the teacher. If this does not seem to solve the problem, speak with Brian Lettinga on Middle and Elementary School.
Various meetings for parents- please check the first page of the website. We will meet with the parents of the 11/12 graders to talk about the IB program. In addition we will have informal cocktail parties for the parents of the N-5 and 6-12th graders.
We are looking forward to working with you this year.
Carmen Sweeting, Superintendent